Working with Google Docs
When working with Google Docs you must have a Google Gmail account. With Google your email and password gets into all the Google apps they have to offer. (Docs, Slides, Sheets, Calendar, GDrive and much more) If you don't have one you will need to create one. It's free so have had it. Here is a link to sign up for a free account.
Once you have your Gmail account setup, you need to go to your GDrive login here. Enter in your email and your email password.
When you successfully log into you account you should be into your GDrive where you can create and manage your Docs, Sheets, Slide and pictures and more. Your screen should look something like this.
In the upper left the red icon (New) allows you to create new Docs, Sheets or Slides. For now lets select Google Docs.
Now Google Docs is open, you can just typing your document and start formatting your text and pictures you may want to add to your document.
If you don't want a blank document you can select from a list of Templates. In the upper top left of the document press the the Docs Menu. Here you will get the list of templates that you can choose from.
First thing you want to do is name the document. In the upper left of the screen you will see Untitled document. Highlight the title and rename the document.
Google Docs does not have a save button, so as you type and change your document you will see all your changes are automatically saved.
Now that your ready to start creating your document, here are other links for working with Google Docs.
Create, edit, and format
- Create and rename documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Edit and format a document
- Add a bulleted or numbered list
- Copy and paste
- Change the font in your file
- Using bookmarks in a document
- Apply formatting with the paint format tool
- Table of contents in documents
- Edit and view text from right to left
- Add titles, headings and customize the style of your document
- View and create documents on Android
- Edit documents on your phone or tablet
- View and create documents on your iPhone or iPad
- Delete a document, spreadsheet, or presentation
- Suggest edits in a document
- Add, edit, or remove a link
- Insert an image
- Headers & footers
- Insert or delete footnotes in a document
- Insert a drawing into another doc type
- Insert special characters
- Extend Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms with Apps Script
- See the history of changes made to a file
- Find and replace
- Spell-check and automatic corrections
- Word count
- Translate a document
- Mathematical equations
- Do quick research in a document or presentation
- Text input tool
- Keyboard shortcuts for Google Docs
- Install, use & uninstall add-ons
- Type with your voice
Page settings and printing
- Full screen mode and compact controls
- Pagination and page breaks
- Change the page setup of a document
- Add page numbers & page count in Docs
- Zoom in and out on a document