Encrypt Files Folders with Archive Manager
Almost all distro’s come with a archive manager. You just need to check to see if 7zip is installed so you can encrypt and password protect folders and file. now you can encrypt files folders with archive manager.
- Open your Software Manger or Synaptic package manager program and check to see if 7zip full is installed. If not, install it.
- From your systems Menu button go to the Accessories section and open your Archive Manager. Should look something like this:
- Depending on the version OS your have, create a new archive, give it a name and then click on Other Options and give it a Password and select Encrypt the file list too.
- Now you can select the files you would like to include in the archive or just select a Directory and all the files inside that directory will be zipped and encrypted into you 7zip file you created. See Example:
- After you hit create or OK your Directory(s) and Files will be added to your 7zip archive. You have just Encrypt Files Folders with Archive Manager.
You can also do the same thing by opening your File Manager (depending on you version of distro your running) and Right Mouse Click on the File or Directory you want to select Create Archive or Compress (again depending on you version of distro your running) give it a new name, select Other Options and put in a new password and select Encrypt the file list too. Hit enter and your new archive will be created…
Have fun. this is just a fast way to Encrypt Files Folders with Archive Manager or your File Manager.